Sunday, July 5, 2015

Hotel Faro Cafe at Midnight

If it is a very hot night in Faro, and it is highly likely that it will be very hot in July, go to the highest spot you can find.


For me, I was lucky enough to know the granddaughter of the most famous chef of the Hotel Faro.  He's long since retired, but the spot is still incredible.

We came on a Sunday night and practically had the place to ourselves. 


We sat outside & enjoyed the breeze. And the view of the pier. And the Old Moorish town.



You don't have to stay at a luxury hotel to have a luxurious experience.

The service was good, friendly and speedy.  And when I asked for a gelao, (my favorite cafe word, a small latte) and a glass of ice, the waiter didn't blink. However, he brought me a double espresso (abatanado) instead, he brought steamed milk & cinnamon to the table. I never thought I'd be a coffee snob, but the cafe drinks are never more than 1.50 Euros.

Happiness indeed.

Life is all about being able to deal with mistakes. If it's too hot, find a cool spot, if your coffee order is wrong, they fix it with a smile. 






No comments:

Post a Comment