Monday, June 29, 2015

Walking Trails, Vila do Porto, Santa Maria-My Journey

I was looking at the trailhead just yesterday.  In my lazy way I thought, I'll get to it one of these days. 

I was planning a quiet morning, to save up some energy for a trip to my favorite place in the world, São Laurenco. I was just hanging out at my cousin's house, taking pictures of flowers.

Sometimes you get locked out.

Maybe that's a hint you should go for a hike.  Especially if it's a cloudy day.

From the Fort S. de Bras, look for the trailhead on the left side, leading to a ravine.


At the bottom, there is a bridge, so you don't have to wet your feet, like in the old days.  (Direct quote from my Mom!!)



I only walked as far as the gate at the top   of the next hill, which has a terrific view of  the ocean. The path then turns away, in the direction of the very modern windmills.


I plan to do the entire 80 km, probably just a little bit at a time.




No comments:

Post a Comment