Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Biblioteca e Arquivo Municipal de Vila Franca do Campo


I arrived in one piece yesterday morning, more on all that later.  (My amazing Tio picked me up at the airport, I slept, I tried to get over jet lag, i had a fresh fish at A Favorita, I slept some more, I had some sushi with my cousin and today I saw some whales & golfinos, more on that later too)

Tonight, I had the honor of attending the opening of a new library in Sao Miguel.  There was a marching band and a priest giving his blessing (the entire room recited Pai Nosso for good measure)



My uncle is a Person of Note, and was especially invited to witness the opening. The above before & after picture is especially indicative of the transformation.  History is made modern.













No comments:

Post a Comment