Saturday, June 20, 2015

Strange Symbols

This afternoon, as I was taking out the beach towels for the summer season, I found one with strange numbers on it.

37* 42' N


I've seen cartoon characters or place names, but thought this was especially obscure. And subtle.


The beach towel itself was huge, even as far as beach towels go.

A minha Mae percebeu logo. 

My Mom knew right away. It is the coordinates for Santa Maria.

Of course. (???)

We have lots of Sailors and Air Traffic Controllers and TICAs in the family (I'm just a mere "wanna-be"). Is this a strange code that everyone else knows?

(Well, now you know too.)

When I was done, I decided to take a shower. My Mom tried to stop me.

"You just ate!"
"So??"
"So, you can't take a shower!"
"Why not?"
"You'll have a stroke!"
"Who says this? Vovo? You? All of Portugal?"
"Everyone! How many languages do you speak?"
"One. Barely."
"You'll get in the shower and get a headache and it will affect your brain."
"Does this come from the same theory about not swimming after you've eaten?"
"Yes. And you won't be able to go to Portugal. I should've said that first, that way, you would listen to me!"

This is my Mother's reasoning. 
Vovo's commandments, then worry, then frustration, then guilt. 

I wanted her to come. She doesn't want to go. She just doesn't want me to leave her.

(If I don't post tomorrow, then the stroke part will have come true!)

She's brilliant.







No comments:

Post a Comment