Monday, November 30, 2015

Would you put Grosella Jam in a Tijolo or a Tigela?

Tijolo=Brick, like the pizza stone you would use for Bolo De Tijolo.

Tigela=Bowl, could be made of ANY material, glass, ceramic, porcelain, wood.

Mom: "I put the leftover cranberry sauce in the jam jar.  And I put the Grosella jam in the tigela."

Me: "Tigela?? A female tijolo??"

She thought that was funny.  You can speak a language for years and never hear the similarities in 2 words.  I love puns.  (There's a reason I'm bad at learning languages in school. I think I'd rather identify puns than conjugate verbs, but that's just me)

Grosellas are also known as Autumn Berries or Autumn Olives. VERY TART.  A single seed in the center, red berries with distinctive spots.  Also, the leaves are green on one side and silver on the other.  In Asia, they are revered for their health properties. In America, they are known to have 17 times the amount of lycopene as found in tomatoes, also found in prevention of breast, prostate & skin cancers.

We find them by the side of the road, growing on trees by the millions.  Easy to harvest and completely underappreciated.

http://www.autumnberryinspired.com/about-autumn-berry

http://www.autumnberryinspired.com/about-autumn-berry/health-benefits


No comments:

Post a Comment