Monday, August 3, 2015

Rough Seas and Abibliophobia

Rough crossing between Santa Maria & Sao Miguel (warning: don't drink milk or eat dairy products before getting on a boat)

I'm usually fine.

Riding today to Faial, a much longer trip, that will last about 13 hours. Traveling with my aunt, who tends to get seasick....
Was terrified of running out of reading material, as usual, and I still may try to find a bookstore & look for anything in English!!
(An aspiring novelist's best friend can be opportunity, or desperation. If I get my book into stores which normally have an English selection of 5 books, my chances are pretty good!)

This should outweigh the overwhelming feeling of free books available on the internet. I loaded up this morning, just in case...

I'm now heading to parts unknown, unknown about the internet, that is.

Will get back to the real world when I can!

--
PS Is there anything more lovely than a bright hotel morning with a giant pot of coffee & OJ before you explore a city?

Ah, caffeine!!



No comments:

Post a Comment